Experienced Tax Associate
Our accounting firm is experiencing significant growth and are actively seeking an Experienced Tax Associate to join our team. We are committed to fostering a healthy work-life balance for all of our professionals and take pride in providing a supportive and collaborative work environment. With our dedication to ensuring a manageable workload, our team members generally work less than 10% overtime annually.
If you are an experienced tax professional seeking a career opportunity with a firm that values work-life balance, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Experienced Tax Associates will be responsible for preparing and reviewing a range of tax returns, such as individual, partnerships, S corporations, C corporations, trust, gift, estate, and/or not-for-profit tax returns. They will conduct research on tax legislation and issues, and utilize their professional judgment to identify and develop solutions for tax problems in returns. Additionally, they will participate in client meetings and collaborate within a team to provide clients with fully integrated services.
- CPA or a CPA candidate
- 2 or more years prior experience in public accounting with a focus on tax (at least 2 complete tax seasons)
- Strong knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance, and all types of tax returns
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Able to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and strong management skills
- Flexibility to act autonomously while being a team player
- Willingness to work seasonal overtime
Some of the benefits you will experience working for us include:
- Work-Life balance
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Overtime pay at a straight hourly rate
- Paid holidays, sick pay and vacation pay
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- 401k Plan
- Employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance for employees
- CPA license bonus program
- Continuing professional education
- Opportunities for advancement
- Networking and leadership skill development opportunities
- Firm events, including our annual community service day
About Sutton Frost Cary LLP
Sutton Frost Cary LLP (SFC) is a full-service CPA firm that has been serving the DFW area for more than 35 years through offices in Arlington and Fort Worth. The firm works with privately and publicly held businesses in construction, manufacturing, insurance, distribution and technology industries, as well as nonprofit organizations and employee benefit plans. SFC is an independent member of the BDO Alliance USA, a nationwide association of independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting and service firms with similar client service goals.